6.22.2011

Glad and Thankful

The last week of May marked the end of Kelsey’s three-round chemotherapy prescription. With much joy, we continued to eagerly wait for her body to heal from the aggressive treatments so she could be tested for any remaining cancer cells. Monday marked her final test to determine if any cancer remained. Then, we only had to wait for results.

“PET Scan was all clear!” was the message we received yesterday as Kelsey got off the phone with the doctor. “So glad to hear good news” was the text message I read from my mom yesterday afternoon.

So glad indeed. Glad for the hope that God will one day permanently deliver us from physical, spiritual, and emotional suffering into the new city and new bodies He designed for us. Glad for this hope that carries us through the here and now. Glad that He often chooses to give us a taste of that deliverance in our fallen earthly circumstances.

And thankful. I can’t remember the last time I was so full of thanks. Thank you Father for answering with a “yes” to us banging on your door for healing. Friends and Family, thank you for praying, for making bracelets, for offering to clean my parents house, for calling, for hosting, for visiting, for talking, for listening, for buying my sister a pedicure because you just wanted to do something. Thank you.

We are glad and we are thankful. Please pray for more good news in the coming months of check-ups and check-ins.



But let all who take refuge in you be glad; let them ever sing for joy. Spread your protection over them, that those who love your name may rejoice in you. (Psalm 5:11)

I will give you thanks, for you answered me; you have become my salvation. (Psalm 118:21)

No comments:

Post a Comment