4.04.2011

The Weekend Via Media

Did I mention I was headed to Providence Baptist Church in Northern Virginia this past weekend to lead a small group of girls for their annual Discipleship Now Retreat?

No, you're right, I didn't mention it.  That was probably because Friday afternoon as I entered a busy 95 North instead of heading home it was drizzly and cold and I was tired, had a headache, and wanted my couch, a blanket, and the 6:30 news more than anything else at the moment.

Somewhere between the Stonewall Jackson Shrine just south of Fredericksburg and busy Tyson's Corner, I was reminded of what was in store for the weekend and thankfully God prompted an an attitude switch.  The weekend turned out to be a blast and the group of girls I led were sweet, talkative, receptive, and thoughtful (see two of them below).  Not much of a sacrifice there.  I also got some good belly laughs in with my best friend, Natalie.  Priceless. Since I couldn't capture pictures of my group's conversations about calling, sacrificing control, and following Jesus, I've included some pics and movies of the fun we had including, but not limited to: an up-and-coming game called 9-Square, a gigantic moon bounce, youtube sensation sing-a-longs, and adorable children.  Enjoy!






 






 
 

 




 




 

No comments:

Post a Comment