5.17.2011

Who v. What

Aimlessness has snuck in as of late, and frankly I think it spawns from God patiently teaching me to follow HIM, not just His mission, challenging me to love Him more than His mission. 

I don't know how to do that, so my steps recently have become shaky.  His mission is a lot more tangible to me than He is, if separating the two is even a thing that can be done.  I'm convinced that  focusing on who God is more than what He does will grow my intimacy with Him, so I'm trying to learn.  It's easy for me to get swept up in fairy tale-esqe action, but more difficult to stare into the eyes of a God who made me and know that He is God without focusing on the trail of beautiful footprints He leaves.

More on that later, but this lingering question has led me to evaluate who I follow, and how that fanaticism or discipleship arose in me.  Specifically, do I follow people apart from their actions?  Do I follow people simply because of who they are?  I am aware of the movements, ideas, and fashions of thinking that have caught my attention, but I am far less cognizant of the people, if any, who have made me follow solely with the bait of their identity and not their works.  Could someone be so captivating?  If anyone could garner following by identity alone, certainly it is Abba. 

No comments:

Post a Comment