9.03.2009

Leaving Today!

After many days of frantic errands and sad farewells, my plane leaves this evening to Brussels!  It is such a bittersweet time for me and very difficult to leave people and life here while not yet being able to visualize what God has prepared for me in Brussels.  I read Janee and Hary's (the missionaries with whom I'll be working) monthly prayer letter multiple times this morning to remind me of the work that our Sovereign God is already doing there.  Please pray for focus and perspective for me in the coming days, as well as a heart that is eager with hope to see God's power at work in people.  
Thank you for all of your support and encouragement over the last few weeks.  The calls, emails, financial support, notes, prayer, and words of wisdom I have received from Gayton, my family, and my friends are truly a source of strength for me as I prepare to leave.  God has given me great peace through your support.  I am deeply thankful for your involvement in this journey, and frankly, overwhelmed by the beauty of the Spirit moving in people's lives all around me.  God is big!
Please pray for safety as I travel.  This will be the first time I've flown over the ocean and I'm really nervous!  Also pray for smooth logistics with flight times and my layover tonight in Philadelphia.  Pray that I would connect with Janee and Hary quickly and easily once in Brussels.  Finally, please ask God to transform my sadness to leave friends and family into joy at embarking with Him on this new journey.  
Janee says the best way to get rid of jet lag is to not sleep right away, so she'll be taking my sightseeing as soon as I get arrive on European soil!  I'll update you as soon as I can.  Thank you for your commitment to seeking our Father in prayer on my behalf.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire,
    We can't wait to hear from you once you have landed. I will ask our Servant Leadership Council & Staff Team to pray for God's protection for you when we meet tonight (9-3) at 6:30. We are so excited about how God is going to use you. We'll keep in touch!

    God's Blessings,
    Pastor Phil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Claire! So excited for you!! I can't wait to hear about all the new things you will be experiencing just within your first 24 hours of landing! :) so exciting! I am praying for you.

    Blessings!
    T

    ReplyDelete